Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, January 25

Alex Jacobs I

Where to begin? I am completely infatuated by Florence. This city has to be one of the most culturally diverse places I've ever visited and incredibly engaging. I never want to leave. The food, atmosphere, culture, air, fashion, color, disposition....EVERYTHING is just so different and it's an amazing thing to experience. I just walk around and have to stop constantly to take it all in. I'm enraptured by the florentine designs that are so original and ornate and different. The color combinations are unique and vibrant. I never would have thought to create designs in the way this culture has for the last 700 years.
My favorite part of this whole experience thus far would have to be my homestay. My "Mama" is an unbelievable cook and her laughter is so contagious. I can't wait to go home in the evenings and just breath in the tuscan cuisine that's radiating from the kitchen. I love conversing with her in Italian and am learning constantly. This is the first time that I've ever thoroughly enjoyed my classes and want to do my homework. It doesn't feel like work at all. It's amazing how all of our classes are connected and overlap. I've never experienced anything like this. We're being graded on what we're attracted to and what interests us. We have to go out and explore the city and take pictures ....it's just the most amazing thing.

Here are my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34626939@N03/sets/72157612935996975/