Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Saturday, January 24

è stato già due settimane! - Vivian Jauregui

Ciao! (or to say it like a proper Italian, chooowwwwww!). I can't believe that two weeks have already gone by! It's been an interesting experience so far, to say the least (exciting, stressful, beautiful, embarrassing...), but I think that I'm finally beginning to settle in. The city is truly astounding, it really is like walking through a museum. I love how everything is so ornate; there isn't one facade that doesn't have something on it to make it stand out. I also love the use of pattern, patterns are everywhere (gates, buildings, paper)... nothing is left un-embellished. The only problem thus far, has been trying to communicate with people in Italian, not because I can't, or don't understand them (which I almost always do); it's just that many are quick to assume I'm just another tourist passing through, and abusing the city for all it's worth... I hope as my speaking skills get better that this will improve, or maybe it's just a matter of adjusting to the way everything is done, and being confident when I ask the women working at the bar for my prosciutto panino with mozzarella. It was nice finally getting a taste of our classes this week, I can already tell that this experience is going to be worlds different from the learning I've experience inside Bixby, and I can't help but wonder/worry about the freedom of it all, but we'll see... I know it will be a good experience for me.

Attached I've linked some photos I've taken from around the city; many are of the sights, or the graffiti that covers the walls.

Saluti!
- Vivian