Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, January 25

happy ending.

I don't appreciate my writing, especially at the moments like this because I could not possibly retrieve every unique moment I've had here, and put them into words, which often are too flat and definite to express all you saw, felt and thought. But I'll try.
If I were to sum up the impression I have on this city, Florence, I'll have to quote my host mom, and say "e la citta di liberta!" Sorry for all the efforts that the chief policeman put in to tell us how unfriendly the people are and scary the city is, but no. Even though people here put up the "I don't want to talk to you-face" at first, they are so invity and willing to help once you show that you are willing to learn from them and their culture.
Italy is a special place to me in its own unique way. The florentine culture is like the italian pizza with Korean dough, american cheese and italian spice on top of it. It surpises me how italian culture is just like the mixture of the two cultures inside me (not to forget the result of the mixture is something completely different on its own way). The close personal distance among the people, the public laws quite disregarded by the "freedom" within the culture and etc. remind me so much of the Korean culture that is as ancient as Florentine culture. But at the same time, the society so much open for people to express themselves in various forms (art, music, and sports...) reflects the liberal and priceless part of the american culture. While I feel so home here, I shouldn't take the culture that I'm already so adapted to for granted, but go out to find the hidden italian spice on this pizza that I landed on.
The sun finally came out today and it shines on the most priceless life that I'll try to absorb as much as possible from now on.
I can't wait till I paint the whole city onto my canvas.
Maybe I'll paint the taste of Florence as well, or sculpt out every single "cucina" my host mom makes everynight. wait, that would be impossible since she makes so much for us every meal.
oh well. happy story starts now, and I know it'll have a happy ending.

Here are the photos I've taken so far...