Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 5

Ahoy there young fledglings! It is I, Jorie!

So, I've been painting lots of random boring things. Or are they boring things? I don't know. I hope not.... because as I have been painting them, I develop this really weird relationship with the random pots and cups and flowers and things I have been painting, and thinking... hello there, little vase. I wonder if you feel the way I feel right now. I wonder if sometimes you feel really happy, or really sad, or really content there just sitting on that little bit of table you have been alloted, or if you feel really cramped by your shadow creeping out from under you, or if your like dammit get these stupid flowers out of me!, or if you feel all those things at the same time and you somehow manage to keep your little handle firmly pressed to the side of your body and continue forth into your little vaselike universe.

Hmm.... I'm personifying vases. But anyhow, perhaps that gives a bit of perspective from my point of view, in terms of what I continue to paint. You sort of develop these really creepy and weird relationships with whatever it is that you are painting, and with the paintings themselves... they become like your little babies. I wonder if my painting thinks I'm boring... or the vase. I hope it doesn't think the glasses I hung off the side of it makes it look too intellectual, or goofy.... who knows. But anyway, I've painted it so many times that I know it like the back of my hand. I know what it looks like when the light falls on the side of its lip, I know that little highlight that brings out the top of it's handle, and I know the splash of white muck that falls inside of it. It sounds crazy, but we're sort of intimately connected in this really weird way.

Anyway, enough of my insanity- just trying to move forward, keep pushing, and continuing to enjoy what it is we all do!!

Lots of love and craziness,

Jorie