Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 5

Alexandria - 3 weeks (left)







since i lost count of the number of blog posts and didn't feel like back-tracking i wil just count down instead!

Okay, so I'm still not sure exactly which part of my work is specifically for theme sequence or drawing now, but that can work itself out later I think after i work a little more this week I hope. I really like these drawings with the blobby silhouettes and I want to make a lot more. I have lots of ideas to categorize them and separate them, emphasize and de-emphasize individual ones while thinking about attachments/connections/relationships. I also think I might play around with some text either as the outline/or filled in...I just want to make them all! but the tracing/cutting out takes time. I also think i want to think about using black paper/gray in sort of an inverse idea. After drawing class, I am definitely going to incorporate some of the transfer methods to create some drawings using the original old postcards and la specola drawings and my outlines. I also want to get some larger paper to experiment with these drawings on a larger scale maybe.

I also want to revise and continue working on the drawing/fabric stuff i had up in studio by incorporating the idea of emphasizing specific things and having others fade into the backgroud and not necessarily with the 2d-3d contrast (other kinds/colors of fabric and outlines) Overall, I think they need to be simplified a little.

photos

I also just realized that the people discovered in pompei have that funky blob shape like the stuff i've drawn...that is a little creepy/coincidental