Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 5

Alex's Week of Clarity

So this week was really a week full of ups and downs. Trying to find some sort of meaning in all of the aggressive and emotionally charged grounds I've been making has been a difficult and frustrating process. Yet the moment when you see an image peering through the chaos has to be one of the most amazing feelings. I've been experimenting with revealing certain images in my work using erasers, white paint or both. Isolating certain parts of the drawings really gives them a new level of meaning and mystery to them to which I'm really becoming addicted. There is just something about seeing something in a new way that is both exciting and enlightening. I think this week I'm going to experiment more with different ways to reveal and cover. I'm going to try using tempera paint instead of gesso and possibly some rice paper. I have to see what I'll find. 
I've been trying to read all of the readings we've been receiving in a new way so as to extract certain words or phrases that have either multiple meanings, words within words, or just some sort of interesting phrasing of something that resinates. Anyway, I'm rereading the infinite now for new meaning and some other works that we've been giving so as to try to find titles for my work. I think that is going to be the make or break of my project: the new meaning create when pairing a title with the work.