Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 5

Jennifer FINALLY gets pictures up!!





So between the flickr upload limit and my camera being dead, I haven't been able to post pictures in a whileeee, but YAY now I am!

I am just now realizing that we really only have about TWO WEEKS until finals!!!  FREAK OUT...I mean I think I know what I am doing, but I am really going to have to time manage to get it all done.  Unlike my midterm project, I am not combining my Drawing and Theme Sequence finals, which gives me twice as much work as I had during midterms...and that was too much work anyway.  But I'm sure you probably want to know what I'm doing....

I have to decided to keep working with mirrors in my final Theme Sequence project.  I was a little stuck last week because I liked what the mirrors were doing, but I wasn't quite sure where I was going with them, so I did a little mind mapping.  I was trying to figure out what exactly mirrors mean to me, and the real turning point was when I decided to paint my favorite florence tree on a mirror.  This tree has been pruned, so like all the decayed walls I am attracted to, it is imperfect.  When we look in mirrors or glance quickly into glass windows walking down the street, it is most often to analyze ourselves, to make sure we look okay, and in that sense we are focusing on our imperfections.  I want to take some of the other trees, statues, and walls I find attractive in their imperfections and paint them on other mirrors to create a mirror installation around this "dripping sky" I am beginning to create.  It will hopefully be a reflection of my time here in Florence and how I have had to come to terms with and get over certain imperfections in my life to really appreciate my time here.  My only predicament right now is finding the right kind of reflective materials to make the installation come to life.  

It's going to be a busy week!  Ciao!