Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Friday, April 24

Sasha Uncodes her Last Blog Post









For my final projects I decided on focusing on headdresses and continue with my mid term theme of changing identity. I took mundane materials like trash bags and pasta and made them take on the identity of a headdress. To take this idea furhter I had most of the students and both John and Regan put on the headdress made out of pasta and imitate four poses that I picked out.(one of them being NIcole Kidman> ergo JOhn KIdman) I modeled my project after a casting call for models, judging who took on the identities the best and who fell short. Needless to say some people just looked awkward, but hopefully it brought across my idea that one or even four identities can not be applied to a group of people.

The other part of my project was to create a gigantic headdress of geisha hair made out of trash bags. After midterms i really wanted to get away from the idea of me dressing up and the stereotype of a geisha. But for some reason I couldnt get it out of my head. after much resistance I decided to just go for it. SOmehow it started to get built over my desk space and became this big looming cloud above my desk. Pretttyy symbolic ehh? anyway here are the pictures