Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 5

// Laura Javier // 09

Regan showed us The Most Wicked Transfer Technique Ever in drawing last week using toner based printouts and clear packaging tape... perfect for labels. This semester's tuition = officially justified. And I foresee some good ol' Bixby-color-toner-printer-abuse next semester...

In the meantime... I played around with label and display designs and continued to experiment with the logo and actual containers. The idea of designing different labels around each container's different contents came up, but I think there's something in the uniformity of the label contrasting with the complexity of the trash inside. I also found these clear plastic boxes at the Euro Store (anyone need lots of silver curling ribbon and gift bows?!) that I'd like to incorporate...

I just looked at the final project assignment sheet from drawing which I of course read through before now, and I think it would be more than a little illogical if I didn't combine the projects. "The (re)making of meaning / through materials / questioning 'lens' / through re-contextualizing objects / collections / display / displacement / display / categorization / labeling / issues of beauty / objects / utilitarian / adornment..." Um. So I need to find a way to include some drawn elements...