Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 12

Alex putting things together

So this week was really about finding commonalities among my works so that I could start grouping them together as well as trying to complicate my drawings more. I am in the midst of doing this by adding some homemade stickers and doing some short-mark drawings on top of my practically blank canvases. I think that I'm really developing a process for working that really suits me without thinking about it too much. When I take myself out of my work, it actually becomes much more revealing about who I am and what I'm feeling. 
I'm trying to make more of certain types of drawings like the what I'm calling "diahrehia of my mind". I basically just ask myself similar questions over and over and over again and right them down and then erase them and then write them down and just keep repeating the process till I've exhausted it.  Also, I'm trying to pick out some of the burn marks I created and categorizing those as well. I really like working with the red ink that I bought at Zecchi's and I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate it in what I'm already doing. Anyway, that's all for now....nothing really that new.