Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, April 5

keeping busy

This has actually been a terrible weekend. I am trying to stay focused, but I feel like I’m just trying to “keep busy”. Death never comes at a good time, but I am grateful that my family was here with me for this past week. I feel like my project is going to naturally shift meaning due to what is now consuming my mind, but hopefully everything will come together in the end. I have an idea of creating one video made up of the short clips I’ve taken of human relationship and fleeting moments in time, ending with the wrapping up and mailing of a box containing the medallions I made for midterm. I am so upset that I could not go home, but I wanted to let Milena’s family know that I have been thinking about them. I have also met with some dancers from Jaragua that are willing to come dance with paint on their feet this Thursday. Dancing seems to be one of the best ways to get my mind off things. When I’m dancing I don’t really think about anything else—it’s almost therapeutic for me. This weekend has really put life itself in perspective, and I am so grateful for everything I have. I feel like I should take more advantage of things I enjoy and continue to be observant of the little moments happening around me every day. I think my project is going to be about the fragility of life, and how we should take advantage of every moment before it slips away. I still really like the idea of showing the cigarette smoke video with a breeze in the room. I have also been collecting cigarette boxes I find in the street, maybe I could think of something else to put inside of them?The way some people just ask for disease boggles my mind. It clearly states on the box that the smoke will kill you, and yet ppl still smoke. Why are some people just born with disease while others actively seek it? Life is fragile, but we should make the best of every bit we have as if it could be left incomplete.

holly

documentation of painting ground for dance piece: