Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Friday, April 3

Maramac progresses. Muscle by muscle.

Theme sequence progress will hopefully accelerate once I've completed Mucha's cutout—I was working at a snail's pace, having to simultaneously reconstruct the pieces on drawing paper as a "negative" image. A day or two ago I lost interest in that particular side-project, deciding it took too much time and was visually less interesting than I anticipated. Since then progress has zipped along, so I should be able to play with the product within the next day, for once actually having a "work of art" to show for next Thursday. Crossing my fingers that the preparation was worth it (funnily enough, I first thought the finished cutout itself would be the work, but over time it's turned out to be merely step one).

Upcoming photos this weekend.


Update: Here are the photos to some of my work from this past week, including from the drawing portion of class, the running theme appearing to be cutouts. Also a couple photos of my finished Mucha cutout, under different lighting circumstances (and the last is a photoshop paintover, to preview the effect if I applied acrylic to it).