Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 15

Alex's Fourth Post

   Ok so this week was really good and really bad at the same time. I've reached this point where I'm just kind of floating and have absolutely no direction. But I've excepted it for now. I've been collecting A LOT and trying to play around with some things to see what happens, but so far nothing successful. I really just want to work with the florentine patterns and do something with camouflage. I think it would be really cool to create some sort of uncanny reinterpretation of a masterwork involving design like the baptistry doors or the ceilings of the Duomo or something.  
My mom and sister are here all weekend so I've been with them mostly, trying to balance the collecting and drawing with entertaining them. It's really hard with the upcoming week and figuring out midterm ideas. I spent half of yesterday with them in the Boboli Gardens, which were incredible. It's like a this little paradise within the city where you can just go and be, unaffected by the chaos of the city center. This has been the nicest weekend I've spent in Florence thus far. I saw so many interesting patterns on rooftops and walls that were affected by the elements and thus made them all the more dynamic. I was thinking about just making a book of patterns, some obvious and others more natural and hidden. I don't know. I still have a lot of playing and thinking to do.