Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 22

// Laura Javier // 05

I think I'm in the execution phase of my projects at this point. (Read: there aren't enough hours in a day.) I have everything planned -- or I think I do... things always end up working out differently -- and now I just need to crunch it all out.

Drawing project
I'm going to make an undisclosed number of photocopies of Ingres' painting Ambassadors to Achilles, fold them into paper sailboats, write draw text excerpts from the corresponding Iliadic passage on the sails' interiors and float them down the Arno (after which they would ideally be retrieved and I would remain un-fined...)

Theme Sequence project
I've settled on using a tripod to take a series of black and white stills that play in a sort of stop-motion animation. Now I need to take all the shots, get the pacing right, etc, etc.

Re: Venice... I would like to revise my very first assessment of Florence. 

But there were boats and bridges galore, and even an umbrella ball for Siena.

--- - - - - - flickr - - - - - ---
--- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---