Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Wednesday, February 11

Even Later than Noah is Still Ok, Hopes Jorie



The only problem is there's no suspense anymore. I was so pumped to see what they could come up with next, but this is like two fireworks on the Fourth of July and then the Grand Finale.

Lets zoom in, shall we?



Look at that. Admire the beauty that unfolds before your very eyes!

It's like an architectural masterpiece- the structure composed of all of those things meld and fold on top of each other, while somehow miraculously managing to hold itself together, and vehemently denies the laws of physics. It kind of reminds me of sharing a bathroom freshman year with three other girls, back when taking out other people's garbage seemed like the most burdensome task imaginable. Thus, the trash piled up into a structure not unlike this one, with the delicacy of a tower of cards; our unintentional rendition of the leaning tower of Pisa.

Also worth noting, I sat here for about five hours waiting for both of those images to load. I am a devoted bloggist.

The mess I wake up to every morning in the bathtub doesn't have a whole lot to do with my art, but I think it is far too hilarious to hoard all to myself. It must be shared with the rest of the world. Actually, I think that kind of does relate to my art and is quite telling of the person who makes it. I feel like when I wake up in the morning, so many things are a mess. However, I am conscious of the fact that things could be much worse, but that does not cancel out the crazy, weird insanity that tends to gravitate towards me in some way or another. Sometimes it feels like too much, and I have no choice but to burden the rest of the world with my antics and idiosyncrasies, and that has been coming out in my brainstorming as I continue to unpack my visual belongings. I am reaching down deep, into the areas that are most terrifying and scary for me to face, into my most vulnerable areas. I find that when you are willing to share and willing to be personal with the art you make, it permits others to relate and connect with you on such a deep and meaningful level. I hope so much to push my work in that direction. My images so far can be viewed on my flickr site, flickr.com/jorieismadcool. Week three in Florence is the newest edition!

Ciao for now!

Love Jorie