Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 15

Naiviv Iugeruaj: World Renown Art Restorer

So this week got a little tricky… I was all set on making my mask, and it was coming out just fine; and then I just got bored with it (bleh!); and then it broke... and it’s breaking lead me to a great idea: a restoration. The idea was actually sparked from watching the absolutely ridiculous and corny restoration of Donatello’s David video in the Bargello… so, I sarcastically made a parody of it; and a gallery of the mask, now “The Mask,” an antique relic of human civilization dating all the way back from a week ago February 8, 2009 AD. The idea for the gallery was completely inspired by Broodthaer’s piece “The Department of Eagles,” that questioned the institution of the museum, and its influence on what could and could not be considered art.

Now, how do I move forward with this? I’m going to continue with the theme of fictional history, sarcasm, and parody… but this time with my family’s history and culture as the star. I’m not sure which direction I want to take this in just yet, but I was thinking of an “educational” style PBS video, that told the inside scoop of the drama behind the façade of the Jauregui family; (totally ripping off of the ridiculous Medici video Mauricio showed us in one of our Tuesday night study abroad sessions). If not a video, then maybe I’ll work with telling my family’s story through a painting or two? Maybe some discovered relics? We’ll see!

- Viv