Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 8

megan&maps.

As strange as this sounds, I still feel like I haven't exactly nailed what it is that's really inspiring me. I know it seems otherwise from what's up on the wall in my workspace yet, it still feels like there's something there that I'm not quite grasping. Therefore I can't say I have very much to show for this week, but I have a feeling that I'm on the verge of something and it'll all click soon. Anyhow I'm definitely getting close and it seems to deal a lot with place and culture.  

I've collected a lot of maps in my gathering (not that this has prevented me from getting lost) and I noticed that this is something I do almost everywhere I travel. At home, I have a box full of maps from museums and cities I've visited. I seem to have fallen into the same habit here. All the maps/floorplans got me thinking about topography and the idea of the evolution of a city has been floating around in my head ever since Zeuler's tour during orientation. Which brings me to my work for next week. It involves maps, xeroxes, and chemicals that may cause brain damage. I don't know exactly what it will end up being (maybe a sort of hybrid drawing type thing?) since I'm still experimenting with the idea...slash nursing a headache from the fumes.