Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 8

Leah's Third Helpings

I am so glad that we are finally creating. I think with my hands, and I am a creative person-- I love to create.

This week we chose 10 images from all of our research so far. The narrowing down process was a little difficult, but I like tasks like that, so I enjoyed seeing what I had come up with that had substance. I realized that they were really all quite interrelated. A theme of nutrition-->nurturing-->wholesomeness-->holiness was present. From there, we made a sculpture out of newspaper, and at first I was worried about what I would make, and then I decided to just play with the paper and let it tell me what to make. It made a bird, and then a nest. I was more interested in building the nest than the bird, and when I had this insight, I realized that I was the bird who was nesting. This made me think about motherhood and mothers, and that led me down the path that I am knee deep in right now--making my "work" for this week. Pretty much as soon as Jana told us that we needed to make something, I had a flash of an idea, and I'm running with it. Pending on the hot plate...