Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 15

grace finally puts her name in the title of the post.

So in terms of class projects, we're currently in the process of things, so there's nothing much concrete to say. Hm...well, my pictures for this week start here.

Oh, and I actually have an idea for my work now. I've decided to go around and DO something about my obsession with the little holes in the walls around here. I'm going to fill them up. Like this, except not with bricks. Maybe with confetti or secrets instead. And I've realized that a religious aspect has been gradually creeping into my work...I want to maybe make the holes like little shrines.

Without thinking about it, I'm starting to imitate Jan Vormann's lego walls. Oh, and Jana mentioned that my last project was like a nkisi nkondi, which I found really interesting--

"A nkisi nkondi is a figure which has the power to retaliate against wrongdoers and sorcerers. The figure's power comes from a magical substance that is usually kept in a small container at its stomach or feet."

Nails and blades are also stuck into it. I'd heard of these figurines before, but hadn't really thought about them as related to little harry/eun-hye-ina. It's really weird how things I've seen before resurface in my work without my even intending them to.

-grace