Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 15

Noah continued

This week has been a pretty good one. This was the first time since crossing the pond that i've felt a bit of that familiar Wash U crunch on my time. I have to say that i didn't really mind it. it was nice to have a little bit of pressure on me to be productive in my own projects. I still dont have anything that resembles a long term goal but i do think that i'm starting to feel things out. This week i made a mock fascade contest entry for a McDonalds inspired Santa Maria Novella and my (clearly) first ever video piece all inspired by patterns and ornamentation that i've found everywhere and in equal measure in ancient buildings and not so ancient graffiti.  we'll see where this week takes me. 
On the non-academic front i am finding that more and more of my diet and my thoughts revolve around nutella. as to the psychological connotations of this fascination I would rather not guess but i think that physically it is having it's way with me. one piece of toast, thickly spread, use to be enough, now i'm flirting with kicking it up to four pieces. The gallon size nutella jars used to look so absurd, now they just look like happiness. 
I'm eagerly anticipating this weekend. After i see Jana's opening, and watch Fiorentina manhandle Ajax, which they will, I'm heading out to Venice for carnivalle. I dont know what to expect but I think that it should be nuts. as of today i've only gone as far as a euro store mask for my costume but as my anticipation mounts i may have to elaborate on that. 
due to technical difficulties photos will be coming soon, but they'll be great, i swear.
noah