Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 22

Jorie thinks the paper clips embedded in the toilet seat at crazy pizza were really cool

But to my dismay, the most fabulous part of Crazy Pizza was in fact not the toilet, but the indescribably delicious little pocket of nutella pizza dought that we orderered for dessert. I doubt Im capable of sufficiently illustrating the beauty and decadence of such an orgasmic experience, but I am sure Felicia will be able to help me out there when she thoroughly blogs about it.
Really quick, random note- I just had to pat myself on the back for meeting my one goal of the week: for the first time, I am NOT the last person to blog. Sorry, I just had to wallow in my pride for a second...
Okey dokey, on an atleast slightly artistically relevant note:
I was showing Regan the nude pictures from the photo shoot last weekend (which, defying the expected outcome, actually did not go horrendiously and result in a freak out or an explosive bout of fear or the start of world war three... I thought it was done in a really beautiful and tasteful manner, in such a way that both myself and the photographer felt comfortable... but more on that later). Anyway, we were discussing the book "Letters to Young Artisits", a compilation of letters between young artists and well established, in which the well established artist responds to an actual letter from a younger artist doing the whole Im-living-in-an-apartment-in-New-York-and-I-have-no-money-but-Im-following-my-dream thing. I was reading some of the letters online, and suprisingly they are answered in a really hearfelt, articulate way. In one of the letters by Xu Bing, he discusses the concept of a "Limitation Well". A limitation well is basically all of the things you concieve in your head to be limiting, because at the time you are experiencing them they are scary, uncomfortable, and push you into an emotional, and I guess sometimes even a physical place that just dont feel right at the time. He talks about how the percieved limitation well is really the place where we draw from to create our art, and how these things that seem to be limiting are instead freeing and beautfiul and full of potential and inspiration. As I was talking about this with Regan, she looked at me and said "Stop your short marks drawing. Replace it with a limitation well. I want you to begin writing a limitation well- and if you keeping writing over it and over it, the words and letters will build up over time and maybe turn into something. No one would even have to know what you are writing."
So, soldiering up my handy dandy sketchbook and sweet Eurostore pens, I have begun my limitation well for 15 minutes per day.
I mean, I know these arent really supposed to turn into anything or maybe they will or maybe they wont or I dont know, but I love my limitation well. Sometimes it helps to just personify something so abstract and hard and difficult to understand, like limitations in our lives or the things that we percieve to be limitations... I dont know, it helps me to write them all down in my little well. And I also like that I can pick up my little well and carry it with me all the time, so if I think of a limitation or something that feels limiting at that time, I can pick up my pen, write down my limitation, and drop it in my little well that I carry around in my little backpack.
Here is the only thing I will say about Carnival in Venice:
Monica McClain and I were on the train coming home, and I said "I caught myself off guard in my head. Florence is now somehow registered in my head as home, and I am in this wierd mindset where it feels like we are going home- which I never would have thought before in a million years, even like, a week ago."
She said: "Yeah, Venice was cool, but the funny thing is Florence didnt really feel like home to me until we left it, and it was gone."

If anything, anything at all, in terms of being uncomfortable and scared and terrified of the world and being young and limitations...
It still makes absolutely no sense to me, but I appreciate the beauty of all of those things, that each in their own way have this incredible way of freaking you out and making you feel so alive at the same time.

I think Im moving forward.