Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 1

Danny Greenberg Post Number TWO

First off-
My object I am going with is anything that can be found in a window display.

Secondly-
I was surprised how popular beyonce is here, and it made me realize that Italy is not that different than back home.  This is essentially the concept I am going with, how people's similarities outweigh their differences, and that most differences stem from responses to different environments and having different technologies available.

But besides that there is something else I want to touch on.

FREEDOM-

In Jana’s class we were all talking about the Bologna Art Fair and some people were uneased by the fact that artists were actively selling their art works and bargaining with potential buyers.  Also because some works of art were priced higher than others it made my peers predetermined to think that it was a better work of art.  I responded by saying that it was okay because everything is about a balance of somewhat arbitrary standards which we do not have freedom or control over.  I went on to say that without freedom we would not be able to function with other individuals, and furthermore that I do not give myself freedom when I am making art.  Rather, I give myself limits so that I know I will make a sucessful work of art.  I want to take back this sentiment (at least for the duration of this study abroad program) and the reason for doing such is twofold:

 

1.  When I walked on San Galo street I noticed that the white lines on the street were not painted, but was made of white fabric glued onto the street.  Part of the fabric was partially pulled up and looked very beautiful.  One day I walked down San Galo with Felicia, and she also noticied the white fabric partially pulled off of the ground.  So she tore the white fabric off the road and brought it with her to use later for art.  I really admired her freedom to do such.

 

2.  I had never drawn perspective from life before.  So when I was tackling perspective in Regan’s class I had a rough start, because I was very worried about doing a good job.  However when I let go and stopped worrying about it so much, I was able to record the perspective more accurately.