Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, February 8

Danny Greenberg: Sono Italiano

First of all I’ve made some cool work in Jana’s class.



Second: wow, once again a lot has happened this week.

I’ve had my first real interactions and conversations in Italian with Italians, and I made some Italian friends.

I got lost and successfully asked for directions in Italian.

And an American tourist asked me for directions in Italian.



So because I am finally involved to significantly more human reaction, this has become my new focus.



Earlier this week I watched La Strada in Italian Cinema, a movie about people involved in circus sideshows, and I was trying to channel the basic ideas of that movie into my video work for Jana’s class. So the sentiment of being funny, or a fool, but being so much so that there is a mixed response from the viewer, both sadness and laughter.



I am beginning to feel more comfortable and assimilated which is the reason I was able to do a performance art peace with the help of Felicia this weekend as part of the Jana video. I walked up and down the market with a camera attached to my head over my eyes, and a large protruding lily out of my pocket. I recorded footage of me walked up and down the street, from my eye level or what would normally be my point of view. I plan to develop this idea further next week with some more performance art, creating an alter ego with some things I bought today with Monica Foote, McClain, and Felicia. I am really stoaked to finish making my costume.



I have also been doing a lot of collecting, this time in new places, and a lot to do with human touch and tearing (which turned into a concept from my object of mannequins, as a response against that object), which relates to my other video I am doing for Jana.



I have to say, I have not had this much fun making art in a long time, and that I definitely want to incorporate performance art into my work in the future.

Here all of my photos