Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Monday, February 2

sto malata-soo

being sick does not help when I try to tune in on my learning antenna at its maximum signal. But somehow, I managed to walk around alone and enjoy one of the few sunny days here, taking pictures and shopping. While I was taking 'un giro' up to the oldest part of Florence, Ponte Vecchio, all of a sudden, I realized that the oldness of the city did not strike me as much as it did for other students. I'm guessing it is because I am originally from the country that is like 5000 year old. But, since Korea and Italy are in the total opposite places on earth, there are some inevitable differences in the shape of their oldness. One remarkable differences I found were in the literal shapes of the oldness of the two countries. While the antique Korean buildings have bold and swift curve to the details and bright solid colors, aged Florentine buildings in general are in mild, mutual colors and decorated with elegant floral lines just like soft tip of a fading brush stroke.
Regardless of the differences, living in these two old places feel somewhat similar; as opposed to being something striking and refreshing , the antiquity of Florence, or Italy embraces me with welcoming and home-like atmosphere. Also, however different the two places are, the oldness of the two countries could be valued the same. As it is the single most precious experience to observe the wisdom in the face of the aged people, I bet it would be the most priceless experience to find the hidden parts of Florence that are just too unique and European, which could not be compared to anything else in any other places. I've taken my first step into that journey this week.
Here are the photos I've taken of Soo's Florentine life,week2