Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 29

Alex is drawing a blank!

Ok so this entire week I've been experimenting making abstract expressions of mental states. I always somehow feel that I'm blocked, or can't communicate exactly what I want to say, or that people don't completely understand what I mean to say. Whenever anyone asks me (coughReganandJohncough) what my art means or what is my concept or theme or purpose, I draw a blank. I completely freeze up and the words somehow get lost in my mind. This is what I'm going to try to recreate in my art, a fuzziness, an emptiness, an uneasiness, a contained explosion. 
 I want to try to make some sculptures out of textiles. I've been really interested in these two textiles books I've purchased recently. I want to take wire and make this apparatus in which I'll situate myself in all black spandex, face paint, and the like and take a photo of it against a white background. Also, I was thinking of making this sculpture out of stockings so it'll be some sort of weird pattern in space that trap the viewer and dictate how he/she sees the "world" (or more likely studio 41). 
Today I tried experimenting with ephemeral art and erasing and fleeting moments. I took some sheets of really durable watercolor paper and put them in the sink. Then I turned the sink on and preceded to pour ink into the basin. and watched the water do the work. What was left were the remnants of a few drawings in formation.