Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 1

Chapter 7: In which Sylva acknowledges that she will never be a math major.

I would like to start this post with a self portrait:
7 self portrait
That being said, this has been a fantastic weekend. I am in full accord with Jorie's post. How fantastic to have a small sweat shop right in our own studio, a little room at the back pumping out muppets, dancing puppets, and dolls! And all the cutting and illuminating and spraying and street-art'ing. It's interesting to see the different "trends" among our work, although it can also be frustrating as people compare and say "Well, isn't that the same thing so and so is doing?" or to have done something and feel as if someone else added the same component to their project later on. Mostly though, I think we should glory in the Zeitgeist, or at least Studio-Geist. And we certainly have been collaborating. Leah spent maybe five hours or something crazy helping Alex hang his project, when the calculations and numbers began to blur before my eyes when I tried to help him figure things out. (It's been a few years since Calculus.) Laura graced the studio to help Soo with her project, a team went out together for night installations, I was able to help Vivian find appropriate music for her video, as well as to find that song that's been stuck in everyone's head since the first time they went to a discoteca. (Infinity 2008, Guru Josh Project.)
It does seem like we need infinity with all the ideas we have, all the things we want to produce.

I lived in the dark room for twelve hours save a dinner break on Saturday, but I think my prints have turned out really well. Other than that it's been cutting cutting cutting. I even cut my ear, I got so carried away with excitement at my shiny new scalpel from the knife store. Hooray to Megan for taking me with and going halfsies on the blades. Unfortunately, I guess it's my inherent inability to comprehend numbers or time that lead me to believe I could do one hundred stencil cuts. But I press on towards this goal. I've also got a lot of video editing to do before crit, but I'm enjoying going through the had-to-delete-50-gigs-of-music-so-they-would-fit video clips.

Yeah, Collaboration:
7 reflection collaboration7 knifes7 tv jesus