Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Monday, March 23

Chapter 10 In which the heavens open.

I painted this week, because I needed to. I was simply overwhelmed with a desire to push paint around with a brush, maybe because I think through doing, and needed some kind of focused work. I'm planning to work more with photos and video this week though, and work with this idea that the process of creating one work leaves vestigial objects which can sometimes move into other works. I have a lot of interesting negatives I haven't printed yet, and the first structure of a film which I want to flesh out and execute.

I'm excited about the work we're doing in drawing, working with natural materials. Burning things. Especially the burning things. That, I like that. Also, I made a Siena style sculpture on the beach.

A strange theme to this week? Things fallen from the sky. Birds, pots, hail. . .