Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 29

Hollywood

This week I did a lot of thinking about where I wanted to take the things I was working on. I have a lot of different projects going on at once, which actually really helped keep me busy and producing. Once we were assigned our midterm project, I felt like I was so close to combining what I had been doing with my drawings, but I couldn’t put it together. I kept trying to figure out what it was that was there, but that I couldn’t find, and took quite a few videos at Il Giardino di Spoeri that interested me. At first I realized I had been taking videos of people’s hand movements. But I also took videos of water in a fountain, a bee on a tree, and bubble wrap flapping in the wind. I am still interested in capturing these brief moments in time. Ultimately, I looked up Morris Louis, as recommended, which took me to another artist’s blog. I was inspired by her work where she paired chairs with masterpieces based on their color, characteristics, and shapes. Somehow the chairs, when places next to the paintings, just fit. THUS, now I’m inspired to arrange groups of my own making….to start with: MY chair/throne.

I also have a really cool idea for what to do with my huge canvas that I just thought of tonight, but it might take some convincing and some time to actually complete. I’ve been frequenting this Cuban club across the river lately, and it is so energizing. I love to latin dance, and I actually shot all my pictures for my photo project there this weekend. I want to find a couple or two that would be willing to put paint on their feet and dance on top of the canvas! (I want to participate some too) So I need to become best friends with these people so I can have them participate!

Here are some pictures from the week.
holly g