Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Monday, March 30

As if

People sometimes wish that the others are in their shoes, you know, out of desperation, or expectation. Likewise, I sometimes want people to be in my position to wholly understand why I am, what I am and how that feels like. I was thinking that this is one of the reasons why a lot of people write because the words could set the readers up in position of the author. Not having been the best with expressing my self with words, I turned toward other method to communicate with people and that was the through image, a lot of them, in a consecutive form, or as it is often called, a video.
So, now I was set with what tool or method to communicate with people, I needed to know 'how' I could effectively share with others what I see, what I feel, and what I think. For the past few weeks I have been playing around with the idea of different perspectives or lens. Then, it came clear to me that if I use the lens of the camera as one or the other person's point of view, not as a wall that is in between the object and the observer in specific times and specific settings, what I record in camera could transcend those specific settings to speak with the viewers, at any moment, as if we are both in the moment and the ambient of that recording, which could also help reenact my experience of being incapable of communicating with words when I first jumped into the foreign world, America.
Now, I am getting ready to take my viewers to that awkward and not so pleasant moment or the ambient of my life, which a lot of people (I'm guessing) might also have experienced in their lives, but maybe in different forms of incident.
The part that I'm trying to figure out now it the healing part, since I do not want the viewers to leave the exhibition stuck in the awkward moment and uneasy feeling. I'm hoping the works that I produce would offer people the moment of alleviation.

-Soo