Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Monday, March 2

MonFoo Sews Jesus' Butt to her Dress. Twice.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH there isn't much to say for this week, and sorry about the blog malfunctions last week - I'm not really sure what happened there.  So this week I think it's safe to say that I've pretty much been working nonstop.  I've also realized that the original idea for my project was way too ambitious given the amount of time, so I have now changed the idea of my project to only making a Jesus muppet (instead of all the twelve disciples as well), and then cutting out all the muscles of the other disciples and laying them out in systematic piles as if they were all sitting at the table with Jesus.  I'm hoping to finish the other disciples during the course of the rest of the semester though.  And then maybe paint them?  Anyways I was really inspired by visiting artist, Marissa, this week, and aspire to learn how to paint similarly to her one of these days.  I also thought it was fascinating how on her painted animals, every brushstroke described a particular muscle perfectly, and since I will have traced and cut out, say, approximately 650 felt muppet muscles by the end of this project, I think I want to continue working with the construction of larger forms through smaller shapes.  Ok.  I can say, however, that I am really pleased with the way that Jesus' head and abs have turned out.