Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Monday, March 16

Chapter 9: In which Sylva feels closer to and farther from home.

It's been a whirlwind week; first all the museums of Florence, then Cinque Terre: hiking Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore, then Florence again before on to Napoli, Sorrento, Pompeii, Ercolano, and then Assisi before Venice, and back to Florence. Coming back felt so familiar, even after leaving my parents. Where is home?

Anyway, it was marvelous that I didn't miss my weekly Santa Croce tour; I took my parents and taught them some art history before we caught our train.

I'm still interested in museum displays, still would like to go on a date with the guy from Strozzina who gave us that tour. (J/k, Alex.) Anyway, I was surprised to see their museums in such a state of disrepair. . . dark dirt stains on the walls and torn and split carpetting on the floor. I understand that they have an incredible amount of visitors and remember the office inviting us to keep in mind the difficulties of taking care of places with way too many people, but I think they were in need of some curating interns or something.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30158590@N02/sets/72157615818687100/