Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 22

Monica MC Sews and Stuffs her Psyche

    I've come back from Spring Break more refreshed and excited to get to work. I had a very wonderful and relaxing week in Florence with my boyfriend, eating gelato and lounging in the Boboli Gardens. I took an overnight trip to Rome as well, and was totally blown away by the city. I now see why people complain about Florence being so small!
     Now that I'm back it's good to do some old-fashioned manual labor. I decided to continue with my stuffed animal theme, but this time I'm making them on a much larger scale. I decided to combine stuffed animal making with something I've always been interested in: representing psychological states, personality types, and the subconscious. That's why I decided to design and create representations of the Id and the Superego. The Id will be much more wild and unhindered, while the Superego is the responsible, levelheaded type. I will eventually document my encounters with both characters, either in photographs or some type of performance (I'm sort of considering stop-motion animation). 
In our Sketchbook class we took a trip to the anthropology museum, and I have to say I think it's my favorite so far. I loved the miscellaneous way everything was organized, and the artifacts they had there were just amazing (especially the shrunken heads and mummies). I think I'll be returning soon to get a closer look at some of those amazing masks and outfits. 

Pictures of the Superego, as well as some boots I painted on: here.

Until next post!
    Monica McClain