Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Friday, March 27

Jorie is a big doofus....nothing new there....

Okaaay fellow theme-sequencers, the much-anticipated Jorie blog...
This week I have started anew, with refreshed confidence and a new approach. Sometimes we get so caught up in the process of "making"/ "doing" work, that sometimes just the basics feel like they aren't quite enough. This week, I brought myself back to my primary love, that reeled me in to the art-making process in the first place: painting. So at first, I was dancing around the "To paint or not to paint" question, and with my midterm project I was trying to push different ways of art-making than with my usual painting and drawing. It was a little bit larger and more revelatory and insane than I normally do things, and I'm working towards using the paint and the figure as a vehicle for expressing emotions in ways that aren't painfully and annoyingly literal. Ah, we shall see!

....Jana, if you are reading this...

*INSERT ENORMOUS CROUD CHEERING AND STRANGE NOISE MAKING AND A UFFIZI-SIZE GALLERY OF STICKS*

that is a big enormous shout out to you!!! I miss you!!! Hope things are going well!!!

Love and Peace.... sorry, I couldn't think of a better stoner saying.

<3 Jorie