Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 29

Siena X

A large part of this week was spent nailing a grid into the ceiling above my studio workspace. I essentially made a ground on the ceiling.

Originally I intended to hang dead plant matter. Sort of a pathetic canopy look. But I've been drawing with string on the ceiling and I like the idea of a drawing in flux. There's erratic line  layering thanks to type of string I'm attracted to. Hooray.

In other news, I really like drawing now. I enjoyed messing around and making some good ol' reggalurr grounds ieri. (I even threw in some pinecone action.) Today I returned to La Specola and drew the pinecone animal for a long time. I guess that's a continuing theme. I keep coming back to the tactile allurement of wobegone sticks begging to be noticed.