Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 22

felevators.

Everyone keeps reassuring me that it's okay to not know what I'm doing, where I'm going with my project. So yes~ I don't know what I'm doing. Which is okay, apparently.

But what I HAVE been doing, however, is drawing a lot of elevators in a comic book kind of style (with panels), except without much of a narrative. I'm not sure what inspired this sort of image in my head, but I've thought of this kind of space where there are just tons of elevators, always going up and down, up and down, on ropes (NOT the hydraulic system, mind you. I've been doing some research on howstuffworks.com) However, I'm beginning to find that it does hold a relationship to the themes I've been exploring in the previous semester as well. I suppose there's this idea of interior versus the exterior, a compartment or a body or a vessel carrying us places, a skin. And this idea of a skin is really what I've been thinking about. So as I've been drawing more panels, I'm moving into themes of the body, something physical, and how it feels to be you.

After my talk with John Sarra last week, some issues were raised, which helped me understand my own work. With the my midterm project, it feels like I've been really stating the obvious and expressing my own personal perspective, how it feels to be in my own body. But I guess the real issue is, how to inspire others to have this sort of attention for themselves. How to do this, I don't know yet. We'll see.


Anywhos! photos ----> x
(contains pictures of that one day when it hailed while the sun will still out. amazing gold lighting)


felicia