Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 1

* * * - giving and taking...

Ciao tutti!

It's been a silly weekend of cuts and scrapes and erasing faces and printers not working and glitter and 4 a.m.'s and studio studio studio and muppets and John the Evangelist in henna on my back... among other things. 

This week, my two separate projects suddenly converged, and I've been spending the last week or so accumulating quite the stack of photocopies of Artemisia Gentileschi's Susanna and the Elders, each one with Susanna's face sandpapered or erased out - some violent, others softer, quieter. If all goes well, Tuesday morning will find me playing with give and take... hopefully with positive results.

For the time being, my little twinkling, glittering, glowing obsession has been put on the back burner, but it's given me time to sort of test it out and start playing in the city. I'm a little sad that results haven't exactly been too sophisticated yet, but I guess you have to start somewhere. In the meantime, I'm still eyeing those giant recycling bins and on the hunt for loose silver glitter and votives in bulk. If you've seen them, let me know!

Erin