Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 22

Alexandria week 8

So, spring break was awesome. My parents came to visit and we went to Rome and I got to stay in hotels and eat at a lot of restaurants, but anyways...I really liked rome, the streets are a lot bigger than here (haha) I enjoyed everything from the roman forum and the colleseum, the sistine chapel, but i really liked all the Bernini sculptures (they are literally everywhere), as well as the fountains - i like the water in the city, and the Raphael Rooms (it would be so cool to live in them). I also love the ancient history of Rome, there is just sooo much! 

Now that I have to get back to work, I realized that my brain died over spring break and this past week I just didn't really know where to go at all with my work. I think that I spent so much time finishing my mid term project that it felt like it was all over. So this week in class, i came up with some random ideas about pillows or quilts but i don't know where that is going and I realized that im just not that interested in any of the ideas i had so I'm going to go back to my dolls and some of the comments from critique and revise/build on them. when i installed the dolls with the shelves and used the "happy accidents" like the small shelf in the corner it worked,but i think i want to revise some of the installation issues. I don't think i will use the original dolls, but definitely the ideas, the forms that i drew on them, and focusing on moments of touch/hands. I think i also want to possibly try to emphasis the idea of feeling attached and connected to something/one but at the same time far away, separate and distant, try to find that tension/push and pull and that in-between state of not being all of one thing or another. 

well, i'll see how all this goes - here are some pics from Rome and this first week back