Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Monday, March 30

Daniel Stephen Greenberg, Identity Denied

So after the tragic crashing of my computer and loss of my cell phone, my camera and several of my cards from my wallet were stolen last night.  Overall, I can’t help feeling like I am loosing myself, even though these are only material losses.  Along side with the article concerning creating a consciousness, which becomes G-d, I think I am becoming more interested in how people become mentally invested in/attached to mechanical or manmade things.  In order to speculate the idea of something manmade becoming G-d, a sentiment concerning the remarkable power and societal importance of machine must exist.  I am not 100% set on my idea for the (re)making of meaning assignment, but I am pretty sure it will involve things that define us through an individual lens, in which our sentiments become projected on objects.  Essentially, there is an active individual creation of the world around us, and this is what I am interested in.  But this is not to say that it is meaningless, but that our interaction with the world is actually an intimate one.

 

On a side note, lately in my sketchbook, I have been recording things a little more realistically, and taking more time, which I find a lot more fruitful, and allows me to get into a rhythm with sighting and drawing, which I have only been able to achieve previously when working in color.  Although I still have a lot to aspire to in terms of craftsmanship in my drawings.

 

Also, I completed a large drawing using beats and blueberries to create transparent tones, and I am getting ready to tackle a full color drawing, and seeing if I can use color to project my individual experience with the subject of the drawing, in a legible fashion.

 

Oh, and I have been trying to keep up with my work with string and yarn, but I am still looking for more fruitful results.