Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 29

Jennifer is still working with mirrors....and yarn?

So amidst trying to figure out what to do with my scraped up mirror and semi-mirror door, a crazy idea for a huge installation came into my mind.  I, for whatever reason, decided I wanted to have a ton of yarn / string hanging from the window in the little back room with mirrors attached here and there and the floor and walls reflective as well.  Then, I started to test this thing out and went out and got this really weird fuzzy thick yarn stuff and found that when I split it into smaller strings, it had a whimzy effect.  I was hanging it from the ceiling and when I stepped out of the room and back in I realized it looked like the sky was dripping into the room, and I was like, "Cool".  So...I want to play with this idea that with the walls maybe being reflective as well as the ground, it will seem like you are kind of in the sky.  
Aside from this,...when I was talking to John about the painting, he pointed out the difference in texture in the way I had drawn the tree and the texture of the background.  He said it would be more dynamic if one was textured and the other not, in order to heighten the contrast.  I want to play around on a smaller scale what happens when I make just the background textured or just the tree.  That's pretty much what I'm working on this week!  

Ciao Ciao