Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 22

// Laura Javier // 07

Welcome back, everyone!

In an attempt to make some progress for this week, I decided a few things:
I want to want to work on the project in the upcoming weeks.
I don't want to completely start the project over, but I'm now also hesitant to return to video.
Re: fluency, I feel most fluent working in the Adobe suite.
I enjoy design-based projects - the kind that unabashedly fall under the 'minor arts' category.

So I started last week by creating a bunch of quick "B-movie" movie poster variations based on one image from my midterm video. From there, I thought it'd be amusing to branch out and do the DVD release/soundtrack/"the art of" book cover designs to go with it. And then, to continue in the vein of absolute absurdity, I want to add to the collection, retaining in some way either the title/image... ranging from promotional calendars and t-shirts to packaging for shoe boxes, wine bottles, milk cartons, cereal... toothpaste... detergent... kitchen utensils... packages of... toothpicks... and... things. A reduction to the absurd! And I'd have the opportunity to play around with embedding things in fine print, logos, etc.

Sidenote: the anthropology museum was ballerrrrrr.


--- - - - - C L I C K - - - - ---
current classwork
tourist photos
past work
--- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---