Consider using this slideshow format in your posts...

Sunday, March 29

WHOA....Jorie is actually posting on time....YEE HAW!!!

Score! Slam dunk! How, in the name of President Napolitano's most enormous Y-Fronts, did this happen? Perhaps I've attempted to put a new foot forward, completing all assigned tasks in a timely manner, and attempting to remedy my typical block-headed approach to work. 
Ha..... well, I'm trying!!

In terms of art making and work, I've kind of gone back to the drawing board; basically, square one. Come come loves, square one is where it's at! Mad party- anyone care to join?

Lots and lots and lots of experimentation at this point- writing, making notes, sketching, painting.... basically whatever comes to mind. Painting has made itself a clear presence in my current process. Damn, it is an animal! Frisky frisky.... anyways, I've been painting on the photographs that I had used for my midterm project, and putting them in a context that solves the other half of the equation. My theme has been circling around the idea of vulnerability, but the unanswered question was always why. Why is this person vulnerable, what about her situation makes her feel particularly exposed, and why does she react to feeling vulnerable in this way? I have been working with placing the figure in different contexts with the paintings, and orchestrating a situation which might begin to answer those questions.

Alrighty chilluns, that's all I will bother you with for this week.

A dopo!

Jorie